Day 01 : Airport > Dambulla > Sigiriya > Colombo
Overnight Arrive at Colombo International Airport. Here, you will be met by a designated chauffer guide from Lakpura. After the formalities at the airport, you will be escorted to your air-conditioned vehicle and proceed to Sigiriya and visit Sigirya Rock Fortress. (Travel Time: 4 to 4 ½ hrs)
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walkthrough the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ' the Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walkthrough the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past.
Thereafter proceed to Dambulla and visit Dambulla Cave Temple. (Travel Time: 20 to 30 mins)
Enter the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla, dating back to the 1st century BC. View the ancient murals depicting the life story of Lord Gautama Buddha. Look at the hundreds of figurines of Buddha and other deities scattered throughout the five main caves. Visit the Cave of the Divine King, Cave of the Great King and the Great New Monastery. See the giant golden Buddha Statue just a little distance outside the cave complex.
On completion of the day return back to Colombo and check into the hotel for relaxation.
Day 02 : Colombo > Balapitiya > Kosgoda > Galle > Colombo
Overnight After breakfast check out from the hotel and proceed to Galle. En-route make the pause at Balapitiya and go on a lovely boat safari in Madu River and Turtle Hatchery in Koagoda. (Travel Time: 2 to 2 ½ hrs)
Go on a wonderful boat ride down the Madu River with its flourishing ecosystem. Pass through the secretive passages created by the mangroves. See the basking crocodiles and water monitors. Visit one of the small islands with its cinnamon harvesting natives. Enjoy the restorative qualities of the famous fish massage. Observe the waterbirds in their natural habitats.
Visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery on the Southwestern coast of Sri Lanka. Learn more about the five endangered sea turtle species that come to the shores of Sri Lanka to nest. Learn how the Kosgoda Turtle Care Program helps protect the nests until they hatch and increases the chances of survival for the babies. Get a chance to see, touch and feed baby turtles; or even injured adult turtles that the Turtle Hatchery cares for.
Thereafter proceed Galle and visit the Old Colonial City of Galle. (Travel Time: 50 to 60 mins)
Discover the city of Galle, where the Portuguese and Dutch made their headquarters, and it's secrets. Visit the Galle Fort which is one of the best-preserved fortifications in Asia. View the Maritime Museum, Galle National Museum, and the lighthouse. Walkthrough the cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names as you learn more about their histories.
On completion of the day check into the hotel relaxation. (Travel Time: 2 to 2 ½ hrs)
Day 03 : Colombo > BIA
On completion proceed to the airport for your departure after spending a memorable time in this island.
- Accommodation on sharing Double/Triple room and occupying a double room at the hotels specified in hotel collection.
- Meal plan on Bed and Breakfast basis starting with breakfast on day 2 and ending with breakfast on day 3.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, inclusive of all chauffer accommodation, cost of fuel, parking & highway tolls.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide throughout the tour.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges (Except for Credit Card Charges)
- Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application.
- International / Domestic Airfare.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Tips & Portages.
- Cost of Beverages
- Meals where not specified.
- Entrance fees where not specified.
Terms and Conditions
- The information mentioned above is only a quote and bookings have not been made yet. - All booking confirmations will be subject to availability during booking. - This quotation is based on specific hotels. In case the hotel rooms are not available as specified above, similar hotels will be suggested. The difference in cost is payable extra. - Peak season/Gala Dinner supplements will be applicable during confirmation. - Any request for late check-out and early check-in will be subject to availability. - The tour operator has the liability for change in itinerary due to any reason like a change in flight and train schedule; cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, etc. - Pick-up and drop-off timings listed are approximate, and they will be adjusted as per your location as well as traffic conditions.