Day 01 : Airport > Dambulla
Arrive at Colombo International Airport. Here, you will be met by a designated chauffer guide from Lakpura Travels. After the formalities at the airport, you will be escorted to your air-conditioned vehicle and proceed to Dambulla and check in to the hotel. (Travel Time: 3 ½ to 4 hrs)
Later in the evening visit Dambulla Cave Temple.
Enter the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla, dating back to the 1st century BC. View the ancient murals depicting the life story of Lord Gautama Buddha. Look at the hundreds of figurines of Buddha and other deities scattered throughout the five main caves. Visit the Cave of the Divine King, Cave of the Great King and the Great New Monastery. See the giant golden Buddha Statue just a little distance outside the cave complex.
On completion return back to the hotel and relax.
Day 02 : Dambulla > Matale > Kandy
Overnight After the breakfast at the checkout and visit Sigirya Rock Fortress. (Travel Time: 20 to 30 mins)
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walkthrough the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ' the Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walkthrough the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past.
Thereafter proceed to Kandy, en-route make a pause at Matale and visit a Spice Garden and do a guided tour of a spice and herbal garden, where you learn about spices, such as coriander, chili, cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg; and their uses. (Travel Time: 1 ½ to 2 hrs)
Do a guided tour of a spice and herbal garden, where you learn about spices, such as coriander, chili, cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg; and their uses. Take part in a traditional cooking demonstration that shows you how to make Sri Lankan cuisine while making full use of spices. Learn to make roti or create curry powder from scratch in one of the workshops in Spice Garden.
Thereafter proceed to Kandy and check into the hotel. (Travel Time: 1 to 1 ½ hrs)
Later go on technical tours related to arts such as gem crafting, woodcarving, and batiks. Watch the Kandyan Cultural Show with its colorful traditional dances and delightful music.
The Kandy Cultural Show gives an opportunity to experience some of the traditions of Sri Lanka. Enjoy this hour-long extravaganza as some of the most popular art forms of the island take to the stage. Get wowed by fire dancers and sword dancers. Watch the colorful Kandyan dancers take to the air to the thrumming primal beat of the drums.
On completion return back to the hotel and relax.
Day 03 : Kandy > Colombo
Overnight After breakfast at the hotel visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic. (Travel Time: 20 to 30 mins.)
Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built in the 16th century as the place of veneration and protection for Lord Buddha’s sacred tooth. Walkthrough the beautifully embellished passageways and elaborately painted halls, done in red, cream and black. Lounge against delicately carved pillars and get amazed by the beautiful golden statues. Get an unforgettable experience of history and art.
Thereafter return to the hotel and check out and proceed to Pinnawala and visit the Pinnawla Elephant Orphanage. (Travel Time: 1 ½ to 2 hrs)
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is the home for young Elephants who have been displaced or lost from their natural habitat, located at Pinnawala village in Sabaragamuwa province of Sri Lanka. Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage is the best place for an up-close and personal experience with the world’s largest land mammals! Today with 70 elephants herein, Pinnawela has become the home to the largest captive group of elephants in the world.
Thereafter proceed to Colombo and check into the hotel. (Travel Time: 2 ½ to 3 hrs)
Towards the evening go and explore the Commercial city of Sri Lanka, Colombo.
Experience the colorful lights and bright life of Colombo, the capital City of Sri Lanka. Visit historic monuments such as the Old Lighthouse, the Old Parliament, Galle Face Hotel, Galle Face Green, Gangarama Temple, the National Museum and more. Enjoy the malls of Independence Square or the Race Course. Visit boutique shops and designer stores. Enjoy the nightlife as you party till the morn.
On completion return to the hotel and relax.
Day 04 : Colombo > Airport
After the breakfast check out from the hotel and proceed to the airport after spending a memorable time in this island.
- Accommodation on sharing double/twin/triple room at the hotels specified in hotel collection.
- Meal plan on Bed and Breakfast basis starting with breakfast on day 2 and ending with breakfast on day 04.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, inclusive of all chauffeur accommodation, cost of fuel, parking & highway tolls.
- Service of an English-Speaking chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges (Except for Credit Card Charges)
- Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application.
- X’ mas & New Year Evening Gala Dinner Supplements.
- International / Domestic Airfare.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Tips & Portages.
- Cost of Beverages
- Meals where not specified.
- Entrance fees.
Terms and Conditions
- The information mentioned above is only a quote and bookings have not been made yet. - All booking confirmations will be subject to availability during booking. - This quotation is based on specific hotels. In case the hotel rooms are not available as specified above, similar hotels will be suggested. The difference in cost is payable extra. - Peak season/Gala Dinner supplements will be applicable during confirmation. - Any request for late check-out and early check-in will be subject to availability. - The tour operator has the liability for change in itinerary due to any reason like a change in flight and train schedule; cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, etc. - Pick-up and drop-off timings listed are approximate, and they will be adjusted as per your location as well as traffic conditions.