About Deep-sea Fishing in Hikkaduwa
Deep-sea fishing is a great way to kick-start your day as it requires an early start and Hikkaduwa’s warm waters will be filled with scores of exotic fish. These waters are home to a host of dazzling jack trevally, Spanish mackerel, skipjack tuna, yellow fin tuna, sailfish, marlins, and frigate tuna.
Your fishing expedition will begin at 6 a.m. as our boat will pick you up at the dock and take you out on a 4-hour (or longer on request) fishing excursion. Safety and comfort are paramount to us and our boat will be fully equipped with GPS, lavatory facilities, a cabin, and lifejackets. We will also provide our clients with fishing equipment, bait as well as refreshments. If you are lucky with your catch, we will even prepare the fish for you in our restaurant during our lunch service or you can take it back with you.
We recommend you use our range of trolling rods and reels for deep-sea fishing. We offer both live and artificial bait and our boats will be skippered by professional fishermen with many years of experience in game fishing.
- The Indian Ocean off the coast of Hikkaduwa – Sri Lanka, has some of the most diverse species of deep-sea fish in the world and this tour takes you into the heart of it all. The tour is suited to experienced anglers as well as first-timers and makes for an unforgettable fishing expedition.
- An exciting excursion to add to your “thing to do in Hikkaduwa” list.
- This is a wonderful, 3 to 4-hour deep sea and fishing tour with a chance to catch jack trevally, Spanish mackerel, skipjack tuna, yellow fin tuna, sail fish, marlins, and frigate tuna.
- You will be let by an experienced and knowledgeable fishing guide.
- Arrive back in the harbor and proceed with your guide to a beach hut where you will be able to enjoy BBQ lunch with chilled beer. After lunch, you will be driven back to your hotel.
- Meeting point – Hikkaduwa Harbour
- Meeting time Morning – 7 a.m. (most preferred) Evening – 2:30 p.m.
- Possible period November-April
- Experience an English-speaking fishing guide.
- Boat charter fee.
- Hire to complete sport fishing equipment.
- Light refreshment and drinking water.
- Government tax.
- Transportation to and from the starting point.
- Any tips for the staff.
- Extra foods and beverages consumed.
Hikkaduwa, Hikkaduwa SPGet Directions
Terms and Conditions
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy • Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts • Less than 24 hours and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds. • We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.