About Deep-sea Fishing in Bentota
- Deep-sea fishing is a great way to kick-start your day and requires an early start as well. You will experience fishing in some of the most bountiful waters as the Indian Ocean holds species of fish including tuna, jackfish, red and white snapper, barracuda, small sharks, groupers, dorado, giant trevally, and the spectacular wahoo.
- Your fishing experience will begin at 6 a.m. from the docks and take you out on a 4-hour (or longer on request) fishing expedition. Safety and comfort are paramount to us and our boat will be fully equipped with GPS, lavatory facilities, a cabin, and lifejackets. We will also provide our clients with fishing equipment, bait as well as refreshments. If you are lucky with your catch, we will even prepare the fish for you in our restaurant during our lunch service or you can take it back with you.
- For deep-sea fishing, we recommend you use our range of trolling rods and reels while we offer both live and artificial bait. Our boats will be skippered by professional fishermen with many years of experience in game fishing.
- The Indian Ocean off the coast of Bentota – Sri Lanka, offers some of the richest sources of deep-sea fish in the world. Our deep sea fishing tours take you to the heart of the warm, nutrient-rich waters, which contain a wide range of gamefish. The tour is suited to experienced anglers as well as first-timers and makes for an unforgettable adventure.
- An exciting excursion to add to your list of “things to do in Bentota”.
- This is a wonderful, 3 to 4-hour deep sea and fishing tour. As you go deeper towards the shelf, Sailfish, Blue or Black Marlene, Tuna, Wahoo and a few more rare species could be hooked.
- You will be let by an experienced and knowledgeable fishing guide.
- Arrive back in the harbor and proceed with your guide to a beach hut where you will be able to enjoy BBQ lunch with chilled beer. After lunch, you will be driven back to your hotel.
- Meeting point – Bentota Harbour
- Meeting time Morning – 7 a.m. (most preferred) Evening – 2:30 p.m.
- No children allowed under the age of 6 years.
- Duration of tour: 4 - 6 hours
- Possible period November-April
- Experienced English-speaking fishing guide.
- Boat charter fee.
- Fishing equipment.
- Light refreshment and drinking water.
- Transportation to/from the starting point.
- Any tip for staff.
- Extra foods and beverages consumed.
Bentota, BentotaGet Directions
Terms and Conditions
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy • Free cancellation up to 3 days before the activity starts • Less than 3 days and in the case of “No Show” – No Refunds. • We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.