- Premium tents. (Spacious tents – 14’ in length, 8’ in width & 9’in height).
- Mattresses, pillows and clean linen.
- Meals on full board, a limited chilled beer with B.B.Q dinner (Five-course).
- Park entrance tickets.
- Two safaris on the one-night package.
- Experienced Tour guide.
- Separate washrooms.
Kumana National Park is the sixth largest park in Sri Lanka with a land of 35,664 hectares. This was earlier known as Yala East National Park. This park is situated in the Ampara district of the South-east corner of Sri Lanka. The park is 391 kilometers southeast of Colombo on Sri Lanka's southeastern coast. Kumana Bird Sanctuary, declared in 1938, is included within the Kumana National Park.
Kumana National Park is bordered by Kumbukkan Oya from south and Panama from the south east coast. Kumana National Park is renowned for its 200 hectares of mangrove swamp named “Kumana Villu” within the national park which is occasionally flooded with seawater. Kumana is one of the most important bird nesting and breeding grounds in Sri Lanka. 218 species of birds have been recorded in the national park. From September to April tens of thousands of birds migrate to the Kumana swamp area. Rare species such as black-necked stork, lesser adjutant, Eurasian spoonbill, and great thick-knee are breeding inhabitants.
Anyone visiting Kumana National Park will experience wildlife safaris that will surely make their stay something memorable and unique. Given a choice premium camping services, the options available are designed to suit almost any type of wildlife enthusiast or visitor. With a choice of two safari sessions that are available for the 1 Night 2 Days, the Kumana National Park wildlife safari and camping tours cater to the visitor’s needs, either providing an all-out experience of the entire park, or the must-experience 1-day tour that will cover most of the park’s features and must-see locations.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Personal effects for Warm/Windy/Rainy conditions should be carried by clients.
- Insect repellent, sunblock, etc. are recommended.
- Special dietary requirements should be notified in advance.
- Premium tents. (Spacious tents – 14’ in length, 8’ in width & 9’in height), with Separate washrooms.
- Mattresses/beds, pillows, and clean linen
- Full board meals-(Late arrivals do to extend to accommodate lunch on the following day)
- Limited cool beer with B.B.Q dinner (Five courses)
- Park entrance tickets and Tour Guide
- Two safari sessions
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Kumana National Park Museum & Ticket Office, Panama-Kumbukkana Road, Sri Lanka, KumanaGet Directions
Terms and Conditions
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service. • Up to 21 days before the Tour starts – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to the above processing fee only. • Less than 21 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds. • No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka. • We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.