Day 01 : Airport > Colombo
Arrive at Colombo International Airport. Here, you will be met by a designated chauffer guide from Lakpura. After the formalities at the airport you will be escorted to your air-conditioned vehicle and proceed to Colombo and check in to the hotel. (Travel Time: 30 to 40 mins)
Day 02 : Colombo > Pinnawala > Kandy > Colombo
After the breakfast go and visit the Orphanage for the Gentle Giants, Pinnawala. (Travel Time –2 ½ to 3 hrs)
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is the home for young Elephants who have been displaced or lost from their natural habitat, located at Pinnawala village in Sabaragamuwa province of Sri Lanka. Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage is the best place for an up close and personal experience with the world’s largest land mammals! Today with 70 elephants herein, Pinnawela has become the home to the largest captive group of elephants in the world.
Thereafter visit the Kandy Spice Gardens. (Travel Time –20 to 30 mins.)
Do a guided tour of a spice and herbal garden, where you learn about spices, such as coriander, chili, cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg; and their uses.
Thereafter proceed to Kandy and go on technical tours related to arts such as gem crafting, woodcarving and batiks and thereafter visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic.
Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built in the 16th century as the place of veneration and protection for Lord Buddha’s sacred tooth. Walk through the beautifully embellished passageways and elaborately painted halls, done in red, cream and black. Lounge against delicately carved pillars and get amazed by the beautiful golden statues. Get an unforgettable experience of history and art.
On completion return to the hotel in Colombo and relax. (Travel Time –3 ½ to 4 hrs)
Day 03 : Colombo > Kosgoda > Madu River > Galle > Colombo
Overnight On this day tour to south part of the Sri Lanka, proceed to the Kosgoda and visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery. (Travel Time: 1 ½ to 2 hrs)
Visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery on the Southwestern coast of Sri Lanka. Learn more about the five endangered sea turtle species that come to the shores of Sri Lanka to nest. Learn how the Kosgoda Turtle Care Program helps protect the nests until they hatch and increases the chances of survival for the babies. Get a chance to see, touch and feed baby turtles; or even injured adult turtles that the Turtle Hatchery cares for.
Thereafter proceed to Madu River and go on a lovely boat safari (Travel Time: 20 to 30 mins)
Go on a wonderful boat ride down the Madu River with its flourishing ecosystem. Pass through the secretive passages created by the mangroves. See the basking crocodiles and water monitors. Visit one of the small islands with its cinnamon harvesting natives. Enjoy the restorative qualities of the famous fish massage. Observe the waterbirds in their natural habitats.
Thereafter go and explore the Ancient Colonial City of Galle. (Travel Time –30 to 40 mins)
Explore the secrets of Galle where the Portuguese and Dutch made their headquarters. Visit the Galle Fort which is one of the best-preserved fortifications in Asia. View the museums of Galle and the lighthouse. Walk through the cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names and listen to your guide tell their stories. Relax with a king coconut or a cup of tea caressed by a breeze of the tropics.
On completion return to the hotel and relax.
Day 04 : Colombo > Airport
After the breakfast check out from the hotel and proceed to airport after spending a memorable time in this island.
- Accommodation on sharing a double/twin/triple room at the hotels specified in hotel collection.
- Meal plan on Bed and Breakfast basis starting with breakfast on day 2 and ending with breakfast on day 4.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, inclusive of all chauffer accommodation, cost of fuel, parking & highway tolls.
- Private Transport with airport transfers in an Air-Conditioned Vehicle throughout the tour. (2015 and Above Manufactured)
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide. Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide throughout the tour.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges (Except for Credit Card/Bank Charges).
- Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application.
- X’ Mas & New Year Evening Gala Dinner Supplements.
- International / Domestic Airfare.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Tips & Portages.
- Cost of Beverages
- Meals where not specified.
- Entrance fees.
Terms and Conditions
- The information mentioned above is only a quote and bookings have not been made yet. - All booking confirmations will be subject to availability during booking. - This quotation is based on specific hotels. In case the hotel rooms are not available as specified above, similar hotels will be suggested. The difference in cost is payable extra. - Peak season/Gala Dinner supplements will be applicable during confirmation. - Any request for late check-out and early check-in will be subject to availability. - The tour operator has the liability for change in itinerary due to any reason like a change in flight and train schedule; cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, etc. - Pick-up and drop-off timings listed are approximate, and they will be adjusted as per your location as well as traffic conditions.